A mighty fortress is our God, A bulwark never failing: Our helper He, amid the flood Of mortal ills prevailing. For still our ancient foe Doth seek to work his woe; His craft and power are great, And armed with cruel hate, On earth is not his equal.
Dr. Manfred Kohl attended the 1974 Lausanne Congress on World Evangelism, a landmark event for 20th and 21st cc. missions and evangelism. A video of his August 17, 2020 Haddington House talk about his experiences at the Congress and the importance of the movement it birthed is available on YouTube here.
As a follow-up to the August, 2020 Number 40 Newsletter here are prayer points for the fall:
1. Please pray for the online courses and in class courses being taught this fall by our Director that these will go well and will prove a blessing – especially for students learning online for the first time due to the pandemic.
2. We rejoice and thank the Lord for 34 writers now signed on for the Africa Textbook Project. We are still seeking two more writers. Please pray that they may soon be found. Please also pray for the editing work which is on-going.
3. Pray for the Haddington House ministry seminars planned for this November which will focus upon local leadership.
4. Pray for the editorial work this fall on the 2021 Journal and pray for all the writers now completing their work.
The latest Haddington House Newsletter is now available. Click here.
“Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever…” Psalm 125:1
As the famous line goes, “the best-laid plans of mice and men go often astray”*, and I am sure that is descriptive of the experience of many of you this summer and as we go into the fall. Yet, as believers, we see things differently under the Lord’s almighty sovereign ways, and thus we proceed with confidence under His reigning authority.
What follows below are our ‘adjustments’ for the remainder of this year. May your adjustments also be met with the confidence that the Lord’s grace is sufficient and is truly renewed daily.
In Gospel Bonds, Jack Whytock, Director
* “The best-laid schemes o’ mice an’ men Gang aft agley” — from “To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest With the Plough”, a Scots-language poem written by Robert Burns in 1785
For the latest Haddington House Newsletter, click here.
At Mather’s Meeting House Halifax, Nova Scotia the first Presbyterian Ordination service took place in Canada. Rev. Bruin Comingo was ordained that day for the German Calvinistic Presbyterian congregations in the Lunenburg area.