In this issue, you will read about some endeavours in the recent past. Once again, each is a testimony to God’s grace. Yet 2023 is now at hand, and it is time to look forward, time to remind ourselves topress on for the advancement of the Lord’s Kingdom and our eternal calling in Christ Jesus. — Dr. Jack Whytock
Philippians 3:13–14 “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
The Whytocks are on their way to Scotland and Africa. Read all about it, along with important updates on the textbook project and 2022 events here.
Dr. Jack Whytock arrived home on December 1st- after some flight changes due to winter storms, but all worked out well in the end! Here are some praise updates —
• All teaching & tutoring for 2019 is finished.
• The last of the tutoring for North-West courses for Dumisani is now complete.
• The Dumisani 40th anniversary tour and the talk, “The Vital Importance of the Bible School Movement” to celebrate Dumisani’s 40th anniversary is also now finished.
• The three courses at Africa Reformation Theological Seminary (ARTS) in Kampala, Uganda were Westminster historical theology, Church and Missions History in Africa, and Calvin’s Institutes. Excellent groups of students in each of those three courses. Graduation day at ARTS is today, Saturday, Dec 7th.
• Thanks be to the Lord for excellent Sunday translators in local churches.
Now editing, writing and preparing new lectures will be the focus for the next couple of months to prepare for ministry in 2020. We covet your prayers for this work.
Every blessing to each as we join with fellow-believers in proclaiming the incarnation of Jesus Christ.